Thursday, August 4, 2016

Grandpa Boom's 80th Birthday Celebration

Anyone that knows us knows that we LOVE going to Vernal and this trip was even more fun and special because it was to celebrate my grandpa Boom turning 80! We had such a great time spending time all together and talking about all the fun memories we've had. I love my family and I love spending time together and reminiscing. We had a great time celebrating a great man!
 Of course we visited Big Pink and Big Green lots and lots of times. I sometimes wonder if the boys will get tired of seeing them multiple times every trip or if they'll lose their love for these dinos but so far they are still one of the greatest things in the world to see.



 We found this huge blowup swimming pool on sale at WalMart so we had to get it for the boys to play in since Vernal in the summer is HOT
 Paul and the boys caught toads and the boys were very comfortable taking them out, holding them, dropping them, recatching them. haha they are their daddy's sons for sure.
 We visited with Grandma Lois a lot. She is such a sweetheart and loves when the kids come and talk to her and just play so she can watch them.
 One night Paul even caught 2 salamanders, grandpa and grandma didn't even know what salamanders were but thought they were cool they were in their window well. Again, no fear from either boy to hold them.  Vernal truly is a magical place for boys, they are outside almost the whole day everyday.
 We visited the dino museum this trip and the boys loved it.



First snow cones for these guys. They loved them!
 One thing grandpa really wanted to do for his birthday while we were all there was to spend the day and go fishing. It was a great day, so fun to be all together, outside, eat good food, catch some fish and some rays.

 I love the picture of the boys fishing from behind. We took a little detour on the way home from fishing to see this beautiful sight. It was amazing.


 Fun times in grandma's basement. Sometimes we can talk the boys into coming inside to cool down a bit. We had such a great time. I love that my boys love Vernal so much because I felt the same way growing up, it was one of my favorite places to be so it's so special to take my own kids back and have them experience the same memories I did.

No comments: