Monday, July 20, 2009

A little update

So I realized when I saw the pictures of Paul holding baby Brooke that I haven't posted anything in quite some time, so I thought a little update was in order. This is Paul's last week of school for this semester so he is busy with finals, that makes for a lot of boring nights by myself watching tv, lets just say I'm very caught up with TLC. I've been working a lot at Arby's still, makes me really want to get a college degree so I wont be there forever. But we've been having some fun along the way as well. Paul is taking a fly fishing class so he has been learninga lot and enjoying his time on the river. We went to a demolition derby just the other week and that was very entertaining, then had dinner with some good friends of ours after. Paul also took me out on a date night this last weekend, dinner and Harry Potter, what could be better? We went home to Monument this year for the 4th and had a great time there. My sister and her family came down that day and we had so much fun with the kids and everybody. We haven't been to that parade in a few years so it was fun to be beack again. Unfortunately we also had to return home for the funeral of our beloved Grandpa Welch. It was a very sad and difficult time but also good to sit around with all Paul's family and share our memories of grandpa. He was such a great man and did so many great things in this life and I know he is in a better place. We will miss him a lot but he leaves behind a lot of good memories and we look forward to seeing him again in the eternities.

2 comments:

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Oh, wow, can't believe semester is almost over. I'll have to call you so you don't die of boredome!

Randi said...

What a nice little update! I finally got semi caught back up in the blogging world! Miss ya sis!